[Gallery coming soon]
Library approval is needed for reservations of event spaces. The Instruction Room, Puzzle Tables and Discovery Bar are in this category.
- Event spaces can be requested online via RoomBook through a HarvardKey login, but explicit staff approval is required. Harvard affiliated individuals who cannot reserve via RoomBook, and/or do not have a HarvardKey Login can request rooms by email to email@example.com with a minimum advance notice of two weeks.
- Harvard Library reserves the right to deny approval for requests. In unusual cases, requests may be canceled after approval if another event takes precedence.
- Priority will be given to academic events.
- Non Harvard-affiliated individuals cannot reserve event space in Cabot Science Library.
- Training will be required before an individual can use the Instruction Room or Discovery Bar. Once training has been completed, that individual will be added to an approved list so that future reservations are simplified.
- The reserver can request onsite assistance with the reservation and library staff will follow up by email.
- The reserver takes full responsibility for loss or damage to equipment, cables, cameras, furniture and all other items in the space. Fines will be assessed by Harvard Library for any damage detected, and can be levied up to one month after the reservation is completed.
- Any catering or setup arrangements are the responsibility of the reserver and will not be supported by library staff. Coordination with the Science Center will be required for all large events, with special attention for events that may affect the cafe and courtyard.
- Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of 8 hours at a time, up to one year in advance.
- Reservations for concurrent, or recurring meetings are not permitted.
- Rooms are only available during library open hours, and may be restricted further due to staffing constraints or other factors.
- Reservations cannot be accepted over the phone.
- Course activities can be conducted in these spaces for no more than two sessions (6 class hours) per semester. Coordination with library staff is required for all course activities.